In April 2021, Maryland took a significant step towards embracing the sports betting industry with the passage of legislation to legalize the activity. With the launch in November 2022, a highly competitive market is expected as numerous sportsbooks vie for a foothold in the Maryland landscape. A key strategy that these operators will employ to entice customers is the offering of diverse and attractive sports betting bonuses and promotions.
The Latest MD Sports Betting Bonuses
Our goal is to keep you informed about the most current bonuses and promotions available for sports betting enthusiasts in Maryland. We frequently update this page to reflect the latest offers from various sportsbooks in the state.
The following list showcases the most recent new customer offers from each MD sportsbook:
|Risk-free bet up to $1,000|
|100% deposit match up to $500|
|Bet Credit up to $1,500|
|$200 in Free Bets|
|Risk-free bet up to $2,500|
|$200 in Risk Free Bets|
New customer offers, such as those listed above, are exclusively available to individuals signing up for a new account without prior registrations. Some offers may require a promo code during sign-up, while others may automatically award rewards to your account.
For existing customers, sports betting bonuses can be found on the promotions page of your chosen Maryland sportsbook. Bonuses will differ between operators, so it’s advisable to explore various sportsbooks to determine which ones offer the most appealing bonuses for the events you plan to bet on.
Evaluating the True Value of Sports Betting Bonuses
While it’s rare to find freebies in life, it’s important to remember that they often come with strings attached. Maryland sports betting bonuses are no exception. Although they may appear enticing at first glance, it is crucial to understand the associated terms and conditions governing their use and acquisition.
Typically, bonuses necessitate a minimum deposit and have an expiration date for the bonus funds. You can find these details in the promotion’s terms and conditions.
A common element among all bonuses is the wagering requirement. Bonus funds are usually placed in a separate wallet from your deposited funds. You must then wager the bet credits a specified number of times before any winnings are transferred to your regular funds and become eligible for withdrawal.
For instance, if you deposit $100 into your account with a 1x wagering requirement, you only need to bet that $100 once. However, if the wagering requirement is 10x, you must wager $1,000 before you can withdraw any winnings generated from your bonus.
Once the wagering requirements are fulfilled, you can freely use the funds as you see fit.
Types of Bonuses & Promotions for New Customers
Here is an overview of the various bonuses that new customers can expect to find at sportsbooks in Maryland:
A no-deposit bonus provides you with free bet credits without requiring you to add funds to your account. This allows you to gain familiarity with the betting process before risking any of your own money.
First Deposit Bonus
Typically offered as a sports betting sign-up bonus to welcome new customers, this promotion matches your deposit up to a certain amount.
- A risk-free bet allows you to place a wager without any risk. After depositing funds and placing a wager, you win or lose. If you lose, your stake, up to a specified value, will be refunded in free bet credits.
- Free bets are essentially bonus funds added to your account. They might be restricted to specific events or types of bets.
Odds Boosts (Enhanced Odds)
- Odds boosts are provided by numerous Maryland sports betting operators, offering enhanced odds for particular events. For instance, if the Super Bowl is approaching, an operator may offer moneyline odds of -110 and +110. These odds can be boosted to -90 and +130, providing players with better returns.
Promotions for Existing Customers
Existing customers can also enjoy various rewards and promotions. Many operators implement regular promotions to maintain a satisfied customer base. These offers may be directed towards players who haven’t placed bets in a while, to entice them back, or as rewards for regular customers.
Here are some of the different types of sports betting bonuses available in Maryland:
- A parlay bet involves multiple lines on one wager, such as covering all NBA games during a week. Parlay insurance refunds your stake if only one line fails.
- An early payout can be awarded if certain conditions are met. For example, if you bet on D.C. United beating Philadelphia Union in an MLS game, the sportsbook may payout early if D.C. United takes a 2-0 lead at any point during the match.
Close Call Insurance
- Close call insurance applies when an outcome is narrowly missed. In horse racing, for example, it could refund your bet if your horse loses following a photo finish.
- Similar to a risk-free bet, a cashback bonus offers a refund if your bet loses, typically as a percentage of your stake.
- This bonus is awarded when you successfully refer a friend to join the same sportsbook as you. As long as they make the minimum deposit required, both the new and existing player are rewarded.
- Loyalty bonuses reward dedicated customers, usually through a rewards program where you earn points for placing wagers on events. The more points you accumulate, the more significant the rewards you receive.
Maryland Sports Betting Bonuses FAQs
Maryland sports betting became legal to play November 2022
You must be 21 years or over in order to legally place bets in MD.
Yes, new customers can expect various bonuses and promotions, such as no-deposit bonuses, first deposit bonuses, risk-free bets, bet credits, and odds boosts, when signing up for a new sportsbook account in Maryland.
Most bonuses come with wagering requirements, which dictate the number of times you must wager the bet credits before any winnings can be transferred to your regular funds and become eligible for withdrawal.
Some bet credits may be restricted to specific events or types of bets, so it’s essential to read the terms and conditions associated with each bonus to understand any limitations.
No, you don’t have to reside in Maryland to place wagers, you can travel into Maryland from neighboring states. But you must be within the Maryland state limits to legally place a bet.